Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Journeys and destinations




As I edit my work for the last time ( hopefully) I am alone in the basement. Keeping away the temptation for another cup of coffee, I try to work through the remaining pages and agonise just a little that there are 5 changes to convey to my printer. I remind myself that I have always done my best in everything I have tried my hand at, this book is no different. I will phone tomorrow morning to ensure that it is done.
And as I write this I am listening to songs from a recent Bollywood film " Jub We Met": the voice says this:
Hum joh chalney lagey, chalney lagey hain yeh raastey

Manjil se behtarr lagney lagey hain yeh raastey


The singer reminds me that getting there is as meaningful as arriving: "When I started walking, roads/paths start walking as well and the journey seems more pleasant than the destination"

What is that Paulo Coelho says about personal legends in the Alchemist? My brother in Turkey will surely remember. Maqhtoub!!


Now back to work.


No comments: