Saturday, August 9, 2014

My first quarter results

Written in March 2014

As I write this I'm almost ready to post first quarter results: three months and life is going on just fine. You haven't asked. But I thought I'd tell you anyway. 

I have my matters in order, haven't missed a single bill payment or a single meal.
Haven't had a single day without milk or fruit or veggies. Not once has my son run our of clean clothes or clean dishes.
And I'm not surprised. I'm an old hand at this. I've done this and then some in the years gone by when I was almost as young as my daughter. Above all I'm blessed and very lucky to have what I do: emotional financial and spiritual stability and my health.

What's interesting is that many people have quietly disappeared from view, physical or virtual. And that suits me fine.
I've never been one to sit and indulge in idle chat and now more than ever I have a thesis to tidy up. 

Yet I do want to knock on a few figurative windows and say to people: psst, it's not contagious this thing that's happened. 

It's not going to infect your fragile peace or your solid foundation. I've been asked not to talk about IT as people don't need to know. 

It's laughable really in the 21st century. And I or my children consider this as a special phase where we are not a charity case for anyone. Not even the Canadian government. So there!

Some relationships are strong and they have withstood the life change, in mine.

For those who hide away, my children and I have one message: don't be afraid.
It's not catching. If anything we're happier in our routine and not worried about the other shoe falling. 

Above all I thank the grit with which I finished my BEd and now the MEd. My foremothers had to put up with unimaginable agonies. And I am free.

So don't cry for me, Argentina. There's really no telling what can happen in a life. There's no vaccine or I'd send some over to bandaid your fears. 
Buy roses, gift diamonds, advise me to move on a.k.a don't bother you. 
I don't and I won't. 
Much love
- the daughter of Shakti 

No comments: