Friday, August 5, 2011

Islands

I have been back since Sunday and life goes on. The silence and peace of Dhamma Torana is a thing of the past and that is as it should be. Before I pay my dues through performing my duties, I cannot think about going back to silence and being that other person.

Life comes knocking every minute of my wakeful hours: lunch to pack for the child who wakes oh-so-early to volunteer, pack a snack for the personal trainer ( aka my 13 year old son) who patiently sits through my morning chores until we walk in through the doors of GoodLife, toothpaste to buy, burgers to grill, onions to slice.

And I am typing with my left hand as Ashray is cuddled on my right shoulder. Soon he will be 14. And off to highschool, and so on.

Until then I am here, breathing.

Anichcha.

No comments: