Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sleepwalking

Milliken Mills Library

Tutoring on a snowy day

January 15th, a month
after I made
my last heart-bursting trip

I think back to
all your wisdom
your softly spoken words
and your reassurance

This too shall pass
You do not know how strong you are until
you are thrown into the deep end
I live for thee

and many more

I now whisper them
as I shush myself to sleep
pretending as if

it is really you
who talks me through
my dreams

and I oversleep somedays
meandering through the twisted trails
of oblivion

hoping I bump into you
we'd stop for a chat
sit on a park bench together

walk a while
and laugh as we did before

yet the incessant alarm bells
of technology
and my own clock
trapped inside
nudge me forward

to wakefulness and
to face another long day
with just
the whiff of you

No comments: