Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tears Talk


The first thought of this day 
It's here- the book 
A first,
second,
or fifth- loved just the same
 

Yet hidden in this delight, 
I find a niggling thought
that whispers: 
you didn't say what you wanted to
You said too much,  
you said too little 

You fool, 
you looked terrible  
With tears in your eyes
In that place
And I stand strong 
shut my ears  
and shake my head- I don't listen
to this voice 

today

I was with friends, I retort 
people I came from 
and those who come from me

They don't care 
about more or less
T
hey've let me be 
And for them I spoke 
And for those who weren't there 
That live in my heartbeat, 

each one
Leave, now 
You Sly Critical-Voice-Of-Days-Bygone 
 
I command,recognizing this whisper

Let me show you the door 
Don't bother coming back
  

My tears come
from a place of strength
courage 
and as Disha knew long ago, 
at the tender age of 3
From joy

I'm like this only
And it's okay

No comments: