Saturday, January 19, 2013

End game


I was speaking to my professor about the deep despair I have been feeling about the media reports regarding "in-fighting amongst leaders of the Idle No More movement" and what one fears are tokenistic, opportunistic support positions. She  remarked that I had got it right when I spoke about 'divide and conquer'.

How do we know what we know? How do I know what I know? Having read India's history through school and having seen the deep scars that are scraped regularly by people and groups with vested interests to keep the pot boiling and bubbling, this realisation is testimony that I am a product of colonialisation and thereby my epistemology stems from that journey, lived or observed, heard or witnessed.

We have websites of newspapers and also websites to 'teach students news'. Here is one more. 

Now the question is, do we have the courage to share this with those who will suspect our motives?

That's the litmus test of critical pedagogy. And it always begins with me. 

http://canadiandimension.com/articles/5139/

No comments: