Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Peace





It is an interesting process we follow as if pre-programmed for it. We live through the scripts written for us by someone else ( as Don Miguel Ruiz says so eloquently) and we believe them to be true. If I have to get out of the door by 7 am, I have to rush; if I have the kids to pick up tonight and cook dinner and work on my report cards, I must complain; if I live out my dream and publish my book, I must... Oh, I must PREEN!! Sez who??



"Are you proud?" I have been asked often these days. Well, I am not proud. I am thankful, hugely so. There is nothing extra special that I have done in this lifetime to deserve this moment in time. I feel very blessed that I was chosen to accomplish whatever I have.



"What's your next book about", I have been asked. "More poems perhaps," I think to myself as I tuck away 'the one that got away' from this book: one I had written during Diwali. or the story that I had written for Disha when she was 2. I don't know yet. For now, I am too busy giving thanks to think about anything else.



The flowers that my friends brought me at the book launch are thriving. Here they are as a colourful reminder that Saturday, June 7th 2008 was one special day.

1 comment:

Jared Yoshiki said...

Rashmee,

Many congratulations once again on your remarkable achievement. To have the passion, discipline, and skill to write such beauty is truly a gift. The detail with which you record your thoughts is wonderful. I've already begun reading through your work and am looking forward to continuing now that I have more time. As well, your kind words to me are so much appreciated. I feel very blessed to have gotten to know you and look forward to working with you in the future.

Many blessing for a safe trip - may it open more possiblites for a second volume.

All the best,

Jared